Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mushroom Garden Art

Mushrooms have been really popular this season. Or maybe its just me. I dont know, but I decided that I needed some in my yard. I got this crazy idea to use up some left over PVC pipe I had in the garage and some Dollar Store bowls I picked up. Check out how easy it is to make your own garden mushrooms!

All you need are some plastic bowls, PVC pipe, spray paint, and heavy duty glue. I used E6000.
I picked up some red bowls at the Dollar Store and spray painted white circles on them. I simply used my Cricut to cut a circle and then used the negative paper as a stencil.

  BLOG Mushrooms 2  
Once the bowls are painted and dry, turn them right side up, place a layer of glue onto an end of the PVC pipe and set it inside the bowl. Allow at least 24 hours to fully dry.
  BLOG Mushrooms 3  
I just dug a hole a few inches deep and secured each mushroom into the ground. How fun is that?!
  BLOG Mushrooms 4 
I love how easy this was and the charm it adds to my gardens!
You could even get really crazy and make different colored mushrooms! Perhaps I'll add some blue or green ones next season!

 photo BlogSignaturecopy_zps136f6d8e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails